Hi, I'm Tyler Willis and I've been helping businesses optimize their digital marketing and web development efforts for over 10 years. I excel at teaching and helping companies understand complex digital solutions, and applying them to their businesses.
Search engine optimization is a popular and high-quality digital marketing technique for growing your website. However, it's easier said than done - there are still many challenges that local businesses face when trying to implement it.
Here are a few common challenges that you may face in your SEO campaigns:
- Keeping up with search engine algorithm updates: Search engines like Google and Bing frequently update their algorithms, which can impact the visibility of a website.
- Keyword research: Identifying the right keywords to target can be challenging, and it's important to choose keywords that are relevant to your business and have a high search volume, but not too much competition.
- Creating and optimizing content: Developing high-quality, relevant content that appeals to both search engines and users can be time-consuming and difficult.
- Building backlinks: Acquiring backlinks from other reputable websites can be challenging, and link building tactics that used to work in the past may now be considered spammy and can harm the website ranking.
- Measuring and tracking SEO results: SEO results can be difficult to measure and track, and it can be hard to know what strategies are working and which ones aren't.
- Mobile optimization: With the increasing use of mobile devices to access the internet, it's important to ensure that your website is mobile-friendly and properly optimized for small screens.
- Local SEO: Optimizing for local search engines and directories can be challenging for small business with limited resources and budget.
- Negative SEO: Competitors or malicious actors can use negative SEO tactics to harm your website ranking.