Hi, I'm Tyler Willis and I've been helping businesses optimize their digital marketing and web development efforts for over 10 years. I excel at teaching and helping companies understand complex digital solutions, and applying them to their businesses.
Websites are often perceived as being important during the initial, client research phase. Maybe even the sales phase. But websites aren't often considered when it comes to nurturing relationships with current clients.
Having a "customer service" section of your website can help to provide your internal team with the resources and processes they need to best support your customers, and your customers feel like you care about them and their experience.
Benefits of having customer service sites
There are several benefits of having customer service areas on local business websites, including:
- Improved customer support: Customer service areas can provide customers with easy access to FAQs, tutorials, and other resources that can help them find the answers they need quickly and easily.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Customer service areas can help improve customer satisfaction by providing customers with a convenient and efficient way to get help and support.
- Reduced customer service costs: Customer service areas can help reduce customer service costs by providing customers with self-service options that can help them resolve issues on their own, reducing the need for direct human assistance.
- Enhanced customer engagement: Customer service areas can help enhance customer engagement by providing customers with a platform to give feedback and share their experiences, which can help businesses identify areas for improvement.
- Improved customer retention: Customer service areas can help improve customer retention by providing customers with the support they need to have a positive experience with your business.
- Increased brand loyalty: Customer service areas can help increase brand loyalty by providing customers with a positive experience and building trust with the brand.
- Better communication: Customer service areas can help businesses to communicate with customers and to keep track of their requests and inquiries, which can help to improve customer service.
- Better data collection: Customer service areas can allow businesses to collect customer data, such as contact information, preferences and purchase history, which can be used to improve customer service and to personalize offers and communications.
How to get started
- Define the goals and objectives: Clearly define the goals and objectives of the customer service area and how it will support the overall business strategy.
- Identify the target audience: Understand the needs and preferences of the target audience (customers) and tailor the design and functionality accordingly.
- Gather requirements: Gather requirements from relevant stakeholders, such as customer service representatives, and customers, to ensure the customer service area includes all necessary features and functionality.
- Conduct a content audit: Conduct a content audit to identify the most frequently asked questions and the most common customer service issues to ensure the customer service area includes relevant information.
- Design the user interface: Create a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and aligns with the company's branding.
- Develop the functionality: Use a content management system or other development platform to build the customer service area and integrate any necessary third-party tools or services.
- Test the functionality: Test the functionality thoroughly to ensure it functions as intended and meets the needs of the target audience.
- Review and refine: Continuously review and refine the functionality based on user feedback, analytics, and any necessary updates to customer service information.
- Train customer service representatives: Train customer service representatives on how to use the customer service area and provide ongoing support.
- Continuously monitor and improve: Continuously monitor the functionality's performance and make improvements as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and to improve customer service.